Wedana Kediri Family: Look for them back


Yang-thi Ratih and Yang-kung Marjono 


It was a picture of my grandparents, grandparents Ratih (Ruth) and Marjono (spell: Mariono). Marjono (my grandpa) used to be a 'Wedana' (leader of the region 'kawedanan' in the era of the Netherlands) in Kediri - East Java.

There are typical of this family. Children born to my grandparents in particular and all must have the phrase "Wi" prefix in its name.

"Wi" in Javanese literature as I know means 'the leading' or 'in front'.

Specificity was still continued until my father's name Eko Winarno, Wiwit Etrika (my older sister) and my younger sister name Arifah Winarni. Although in my name there is no prefix "Wi". Never mind.

I was hoping to rediscover our lost family. Wijono, Wicaksono, Wikoco, Wigati, and
the other "Wi".

btemplates

0 comments: